States we have visited

Friday, July 16, 2010

Charleston, SC ( Mt Pleasant)

July 16: I guess I need to catch up a little. I have been a little lazy with the blog.


We had a great time in Savannah despite the rain, lots of rain. When we came home from Tybee Island we had to ride through so much water our pipes were gurgling. Well, my mom always said "only sugar melts".


We broke down camp on Wed morning and headed north to South Carolina. It was only about a 2 1/2 hour drive to the KOA in Mt Pleasant where we had made reservations. I really like the KOA's. There are probably cheaper campgrounds out there, but we know what to expect here. Nice and clean and lots of kids for Bailey to meet.


We pulled in around 1:00 and proceeded with the set up of the Shuttle Discovery. About an hours worth of work.


Ronnie's "best good friend" Jerry was driving down from PA to spend some time with us so we spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing and waiting on him to arrive. We had dinner (BBQ chicken and mac & cheese) and took Bay to the pool. Jerry arrived safely.








Thursday morning we got up and checked the weather. 40% chance of rain and hot. AGAIN????
Aren't we going north? Oh well it is what it is. Let's ride. We drove into Charleston about 15 miles of traffic and this hugenormous bridge. OMG!!! It was so tall and windy, I thought I saw Canada from up there. As we were approaching the bridge I suggested we stop at the K-mart, eat at McDonalds, I would take some pictures and call it vacation. "I don't won't to go over that thing!" LOL Made it over just fine. Actually it was pretty cool. I wish we could have spent more time in Charleston, but it was hot. We had lunch, went to the Harley shop for t-shirts and walked around a bit. Made it back over the bridge and Ronnie and Jerry stopped at the Walmart for stuff for dinner. Oh, and beer. Bailey and I rode on to the RV by ourselves. First time alone on the bike. Good thing .... it was only .3 miles up the road. LOL. We all went for a dip in the pool when we got home and started dinner. MMMMM steak and shrimp. After dinner we went up the road to work off dinner with a "friendly" game of miniature golf. I WON, HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! No crying boys.

Today we may go do some more sightseeing. I'll write again soon.

Happy Trails









No comments:

Post a Comment