States we have visited

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Georgia.....Savannah







July 11: Well our first day (Sat) on the journey was really uneventful. We were only 28 minutes late leaving the Egnew compound and set out on our road of discovery. We arrived at the KOA around 4:30 and proceeded with the hook up of the "Shuttle Discovery". That is what the RV is now named as it is a Fleetwood Discovery. (He-He) While Ronnie grilled hamburgers Bailey and I played a game of Skip-Bo, which he won. Ronnie went outside with a couple of beers and was trying to get his party on at the KOA (It's a party at the KOA....sang to Miley Cyrus Party in the USA). A large rv pulled in next to us and the way they had to park was way close to us, so he had to drop the awning and decided to come in for the night. Oh well....maybe tonight.

So today we got up and decided to go in to Savannah. EKKKS...20 miles, on the Interstate? Oh well I wanted to go to town, so I put on my finest riding gear (Jeans and a t-shirt) and off we went. I didn't even get to go a mile before we jump on and I was cruisin at 65 mph. WOW!!! I was so proud of myself and so was Bailey and Ronnie.

We had a great lunch and went on the trolly tour. We went to the Harley store and got t-shirts. It was very hot and from now on I will take more suitable tourist clothes to change into. Jeans and boots are very hot and uncomfortable to walk around in .

We decided to head back to the rv before it got dark and about 5 miles down I-16 the bottom fell out of the sky. Crash course in riding in the rain. We drove to the next exit and pulled into a gas station and waited out the storm. Bailey wanted to ride with me so crash course in riding with a passenger. All was good and we made it HOME (rv) safe and sound.


Notice the stuffed animal......that's CrazyHorse from the bar. You will see him in lots of photos.

HappyTrails!



No comments:

Post a Comment